Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bankruptcy happens when you reach -10,000 gold, at which point you immediately lose and are presented with a gameover screen. Before going bankrupt, Lord Northburgh will warn you and an info box will appear warning you about bankruptcy.
If you ever find yourself approaching -10,000 gold, it's helpful to use the slowdown mode and immediately remedy the situation by:
- Asking for "loans" (they never have to be repaid) from Lord Northburgh or Al Zahir using Honor points
- Demanding tribute from any AI players who are likely to pay you (those weaker than you)
- Quickly demolishing as many costly production buildings as possible
- Deleting non-essential ships and military units
- Raising the tax rate to maximum (the far right on the slider) on your highest civilization classes
- Actively selling all goods not absolutely required by inhabitants, such as Tools, Ropes, Glass, Mosaics, Weapons, etc.
- Settle a new island, build some fisher huts and fill up the rest with houses.